Knitting Crazy Cat Ladies

Cat Loving Knitters of the World Unite! But please, keep the wool away from your fur babies.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Poll/SP idea - Comment!

This is where I thought we could comment on the poll over in yonder sidebar. Seeing as I went for the "Something else which I should comment on" option, I figured I should put together a place for those comments.

Here's the thing, I have yet to make a Kitty Pi from Stitch 'n Bitch. In fact, I have yet to make anything from one of the dozens (yes, dozens) of knitting books I own. I'm trying to fix that. So, rather than make something from online, or a book I don't own (the Cat Bordhi book - which I do plan on getting!) I think I'll go the route of the first knitting book I bought. So yeah. I vote Kitty Pi. Which kinda goes with the felted Cat Bordhi thing. So um, yeah. What do y'all think?

Also - in the thread in "knittyfolk in blogland" forum on knitty, we mentioned the idea of an SP sort of event for our loverly kitties. I love this idea, and would definitely want to keep it to small things. (kitty treats, knitted toys, etc.) I don't want this costing too much in postage for anyone. I'll start putting together a questionnaire of sorts, and when it's ready, I'll post it here for y'all to fill out and e-mail to me. Sound good? Suggestions on the sp thing? Comment here too please.

9 Comments:

At 4/09/2006 10:47 AM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Hi there!

I've made two kitty pi beds from this pattern: http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm

and loved it. I promised to make one for my sister about, oh, 9 months ago and a Pi KAL would kill two birds with one stone (excuse the pun) because I'm also in the Stashalong!

 
At 4/09/2006 10:52 AM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

P.S. I love the Kitty SP idea. It would truly cement our CCL status. Let me know if you need any help on the Questionaire!

 
At 4/09/2006 12:58 PM, Blogger Fiber Follies said...

Love both ideas. Funny, I just bookmarked Kitty Pi from Wendy Knits a couple days back! Meant to be, I guess. Which first? The pi or the sp?

 
At 4/09/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger buttercup said...

I may have to pass on both of these really cool ideas. Please see my post today and I'm sure you'll understand.

I hate to be such a downer...

 
At 4/09/2006 4:13 PM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Sad to hear that buttercup. It's always so hard to lose a pet.

If anyone else's cats are like mine, we could pop some elastic bands and beer caps into envelopes!

 
At 4/09/2006 4:44 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

I'm for knitting anything for my cats, although I'm sure they would appreciate another cat bed.

I agree with keeping the SC (secret cat) small, too. If you really wanted to send something larger, it's up to you, but I can esily see how that would make your SC feel obligated to send larger gifts back.

 
At 4/09/2006 6:38 PM, Blogger Fiber Follies said...

Buttercup, I'm really sorry.

 
At 4/14/2006 8:42 AM, Blogger April said...

I love the idea of a KAL and SP. :) Count me in.

 
At 4/14/2006 3:28 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee hee! I'm down for a kitty SP...ha ha what a great idea! And as for a KAL, I'd be down...am I a bad kitty mommy? I've yet to knit those furry little fleshbags anything yet!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home