Knitting Crazy Cat Ladies

Cat Loving Knitters of the World Unite! But please, keep the wool away from your fur babies.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Why Ripple Makes Me Nervous

Sunday was a nice afternoon, I sat on the porch for a bit, then wandered back inside to watch the first couple DVDs of Deadwood Season 2 in prep for the Season 3 premiere that night. I left the screen door open so the fuzzybutts could enjoy a sunbeam or two. Then we had a visitor outside.

Da Wabbit!

And this is why Ripple makes me nervous:

Ripple Spots Something

He was so ready to take a flying leap off the patio and chase da wabbit. Poor little guy. I kept picking Ripple up and putting him down, but he'd immediately jump back up. I swear, he's gonna fall one of these days.

Finally he settled down and stared for a while.

Ripple is enthralled

And just because I'm crazy like that, and I got 2 good pics of him in this position, here's another shot:

Can't look away

I love my fuzzybutt. Even if he makes my heart leap into my throat on a regular basis.

4 Comments:

At 6/14/2006 5:02 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

Nice closeups! I am constantly getting side shots or Ripple confused with Allison's Geronimo. Both handsome kitties.

We don't let our kitties outside because we live in a rural area. We're afraid that *something* would eat them. In warmer weather we open the glass door and just leave the sliding screen door (leads out onto the deck) open. Time after time Sam digs his little claws in and tries to open the door. We keep a small spray bottle filled with a vinegar/water mix handy just for this purpose.
Our kitties wouldn't blink an eye at a rabbit, but they do adore that flying food we call Hummingbirds.

 
At 6/15/2006 10:10 AM, Blogger buttercup said...

I used to let my kitty on the deck, but she was such a scaredy cat (yeah - pun indended) that she wouldn't go past where the sliding screen door was usually closed. I think after all those years inside the noises outside were a little to much for her. I didn't mind that she didn't want to go out.

Can you put some screening up on your porch? At least something temporary so Ripple can enjoy the sites and you won't have your heart in your throat and then stomach and then throat?

 
At 6/16/2006 1:20 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Beautiful photos of Ripple!

 
At 6/17/2006 7:45 AM, Blogger Fiber Follies said...

Wow, Ripple is a handsome cat. Most of ours would prefer to never go outdoors, but they do love to watch and hear the birds, bugs, and bunnies at the screened windows. I think I'd've been ill watching Ripple watching the bunny-but it was a great photo-op. Great pics, ma'am!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home