Knitting Crazy Cat Ladies

Cat Loving Knitters of the World Unite! But please, keep the wool away from your fur babies.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Kitty SP project?

Here's a pattern I came across for a knit Voodoo Bunny.(complements of the Naive Knitting Blog) I might try making it larger in a loose knit, stuffing it with plastic, and then felting it. Filled with catnip, it would make a great kitty toy.


knit project: voodoo bunny
degree of difficulty (1-5): 2.3
how big: about seven and a half inches tall
knit specs: LaLana Millspun Wool / 3.75 mm needles
pattern notes: To make a bunny yourself click here for pattern
relevant information: Ears are fashioned into horns and the friendly hind cotton puff is transformed into a devil tail. Fluffy becomes Voodoo Bunny. Although I prefer the spooky blank face, this creature could certainly be enhanced with the addition of some appliqued features. This wool felts very nicely and I think felting the bunny could be a very cool option.

4 Comments:

At 5/15/2006 12:02 AM, Blogger String Bean said...

Good idea for a second project. I think just about everyone has made a Kitty Pi (or two). I'm up for it - after I finish a baby cardigan and a pair of socks for my sis' fiance.

 
At 5/15/2006 3:13 PM, Blogger Monica said...

It would certainly be a challenge for me... the smallest needles I've ever used are size 10's! Am I pathetic or what? I'm up for it :)

 
At 5/16/2006 1:33 PM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, cute! I'd totally make these. Of course, I have to finish Kitty Pi first...

 
At 5/18/2006 6:30 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Very cool! I added it to the link for cat toys in the sidebar. That's something my Ripple would love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home