Knitting Crazy Cat Ladies

Cat Loving Knitters of the World Unite! But please, keep the wool away from your fur babies.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Yo Yo, Ellie and Wyatt in Da Hizz-ouse!

Kitties hugging

My cats, Ellie and Wyatt, are imports from the great state of Arkansas, aka, My Home State. I adopted them from a shelter--they were my 22nd birthday gift from my mom (Thanks, Mom!) I couldn't decide which cat I liked more...I saw cute Baby Wyatt and fell in love with his monochromatic scheme (He had blue eyes to match his blue-grey fur, but his eyes later turned yellow), but then I spotted Ellie, my tortoise-shell beauty with differently colored cheeks. The animal shelter people somehow convinced me that two cats are better than one, so I brought them both home with me.

And...they hated each other. It took a couple of weeks, but they eventually became fast friends. Four years later, Wyatt is a ladies man who really likes men (and pink), and Ellie is a Tough Cat who sports her spiked collar and 'tude with pride.

They have been known to maul my yarn stash if I accidentally leave the closet door open, but they are otherwise my pride and joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home