Knitting Crazy Cat Ladies

Cat Loving Knitters of the World Unite! But please, keep the wool away from your fur babies.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Half-Baked Pi


Well, I finally finished on Saturday... and the really good news is that I used up everything but about 10 yards of the Noro Kureyon (means nothing to add to my stash!).

Nix seems pretty happy with the "un-baked" pi... it looks pretty small in this picture, but the diameter of the bottom was about 32 inches. The fringe is Paton's Cha Cha in Reggae... I like the color of it. I did a i-cord bindoff, to give it an extra little edge.

I took it over to my sister-in-law's house to felt it... I have a front loader at home, and it makes me nervous to felt in it. But, I was a bit too cautious and pulled it out way too early. I let it dry, to see how it would come out, and it was horrible! Too floppy, too big.

Well, I wasn't about to drive back to town, so I chucked it in my own washer and prayed. It ended up perfect! It's thick, and it shrunk exactly as much as I wanted it to! It's drying now, but hopefully it will be "baked" in another day or so!

3 Comments:

At 5/01/2006 6:29 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

I-cord edge! Nice idea. I might use that on my next pi. Thankfully, I have a top loader. Thank you, washing machine gods.

 
At 5/01/2006 8:55 PM, Blogger The Erin said...

I can't wait to see it when you're done!!

I just *might* go for it, using my scraps up. Nermal only really likes to go for my needles, she doesn't bother my yarn, ROFL.

 
At 5/03/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Fiber Follies said...

I love the cat! & am well acquainted with that expression; "shoot if you must this old grey head"...Nix loves it! I do, too-it's come out so pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home