Knitting Crazy Cat Ladies

Cat Loving Knitters of the World Unite! But please, keep the wool away from your fur babies.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Casting On


Today is the day... My major hold-up has been finding size 11 dpns! But finally on Saturday I visited a yarn shop out in the toolies (which is now my new favorite shop)... and managed to escape with only spending $46 (size 11 & 13 dpns in birch, and 4 skeins of Lamb's Pride for a felted purse for my mom)

So, here's my yarn... Noro Big Kureyon, color 4
It is being modeled on my wonderful brown couch.. I think the colors will go nicely with my living room decor! I'll cast on today at lunch, and hopefully get to the point where I can put it on my circular by tonight... working with those double pointed needles is just a bit difficult for me so much fun! Once I get it halfway done, I'll decide what kind of fuzzy/furry stuff I want on the outside.

2 Comments:

At 4/24/2006 2:28 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

Yay! Finally! Nice Noro! The dpns were a bit tricky.

 
At 4/24/2006 3:22 PM, Blogger Monica said...

you aren't kidding...

I practiced last week with 9's and some cheap Red Heart and thought I had it... but today I tried 3x and still had it goofed up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home