Knitting Crazy Cat Ladies

Cat Loving Knitters of the World Unite! But please, keep the wool away from your fur babies.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Kitty Toys




I made cat toys the cats actually PLAY WITH!!! Sorry, but I'm very excited about it. Back when I was making Booga Bags for Christmas gifts, I thought it would be nice to add pockets. So I made a square and felted it, but had zero desire to sew it in. It's been floating around the apartment for months, and yesterday, I cut it in half, stuffed the halves with catnip and spare yarn, and sewed each up, leaving a long "tail." They like them, they really like them!

I definitely think a kitty pi is going on my to-do list...

4 Comments:

At 4/21/2006 12:46 PM, Blogger Monica said...

You know how kitties are... they turn their nose up at your best efforts, and then play with a wadded up foil ball or the tie off the bread...

I'd be excited too!

 
At 4/21/2006 7:18 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

I love the felted "mousies"!

My cats loved their Pi beds for about a week, then they run hot and cold. I'm supposed to make one for my sister's cat so I should join in!

 
At 4/21/2006 8:26 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

I'm almost done with my Kitty Pi. It's quite nice to drop the complicated stuff and knit stripes in St st.

 
At 4/22/2006 10:40 AM, Blogger Fiber Follies said...

I just began Kitty Pi. It'll be interesting, starting on size 10 (!) dpns, but lack a 10 in circ. Will probably devise something, too lazy to buy the right size. The fun is in the felting, anyway! Wonder if a dash of catnip will get the kitties to use it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home