Knitting Crazy Cat Ladies

Cat Loving Knitters of the World Unite! But please, keep the wool away from your fur babies.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Kitty Pi in the oven

I started my Kitty Pi on Wednesday or Thursday (who keeps track of the days when it's this nice out?) and have been making pretty steady working on it on and off. I'm using Lamb's Pride Bulky in Limeade and Wild Violet. I have about 8 more skeins of Lamb's Pride in various colors so I may make one or two more. Some of the Lamb's Pride is going towards the Gusseted Cushions out of Last Minute Knitted Gifts - for me, not the kitties. I may have the Pi finished today or tomorrow morning.

The eyelash yarn I'm using for the top is Crystal Palace Splash in Straw into Gold. The name doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because when I think gold, I think yellow. This is decidedly lime green.Has anyone else started theirs?

6 Comments:

At 4/23/2006 12:06 AM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

started it? I haven't even printed out the pattern yet! I also need to verify that my bartlett wool actually felts - that would be just a wee bit frustrating to realize that I am trying to felt superwarsh wool, wouldn't it?

 
At 4/23/2006 12:44 PM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Um, I printed out the pattern, but I am WAY behind you! I love the colors you chose.

 
At 4/23/2006 2:57 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

Thanks! I think I'll have it done today. I haven't really been working on anything else. I think my kitties deserve this after having to put up with an ugly, half-felted, puke colored, basketweave stitch mat.

 
At 4/23/2006 6:48 PM, Blogger Fiber Follies said...

I like your wild colours! Mine's just LP Bulky "Pine Forest", a soft greyish green that looks pretty nice on the kitties and throughout the house. Actually, it's what I had in the stash. Started Friday night and am now about 15 rows before starting decreases. I'm not doing the eyelash part. Although, now that I think about it, I've got a couple skeins of stunning eyelash yarns awaiting use...

 
At 4/24/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger Monica said...

love the green & purple!

out of curiousity, is the knit side or the purl side the outside of the Kitty Pi??

 
At 4/25/2006 5:38 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

The knit side is the outside. I'll post finished pictures this weekend. I'm hating this lack of camera...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home