Knitting Crazy Cat Ladies

Cat Loving Knitters of the World Unite! But please, keep the wool away from your fur babies.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

May I Finish, Please?-Now Finished!



Action shot!

By now all the cats have tried it on, but Risky and Catnip are finalists for possession. Risky, of course, must scuff and play and generally maul it.



I thought long and hard just how to shape this.

Two small round stands provided the answer, giving the shape and roughly the size I wanted. I stretched the Pi over the plastic- and curtain-covered lower stand, and flattened its bottom with another stand upended onto it. That's a place mat between Pi and upper stand to protect the stand from the wet.

It spent most of a day on the kitchen table, then I neatly folded back its rim and left it on the office floor to finish drying. Forgot it was there when I let the cats in after dinner.













*************************************************************************************

One Kitty Pi-done. Sort of. I can't get it away from the Risky-cat to felt it!

Defiant little beastie. She's claimed it, it's hers, and she isn't giving the others a chance to take it from her. Look at her tail-a sure sign of ferocity, switching and twitching like that. The little booger hissed and growled when I lifted her off it!

sigh.

I'll grab it when she's eating later. She'll like it better once it's finished. Maybe.

8 Comments:

At 4/26/2006 9:26 AM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

I love that she loves it so!

HOpefully she will not be like my cats and say, "oh you're giving it to me??" well then, it's no longer desirable.

 
At 4/26/2006 11:27 AM, Blogger Monica said...

It is a good sign that she's showing interest in it... my dumb boys seem to only be interested in yarn while it's being worked with.

Love the dark green... what kind of yarn is that??

 
At 4/26/2006 12:39 PM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

I have a mental image of her digging her claws into the Pi, lifting it up into the air as you picked her up. What are the unfelted dimensions of your Pi?

 
At 4/26/2006 4:40 PM, Blogger Fiber Follies said...

Monica, the dark green is Lamb's Pride Bulky Pine Forest. I used 3.5 skeins.

lldoc, the dimesnions are a hair over 33 inches. I added a few extra rows just in case a hog like Risky or the even larger Catnip claimed it.

And yes, it came up with her. Very, very funny moment, trying to separate the Kitty from the Pi!

 
At 4/27/2006 4:58 PM, Blogger Monica said...

Lamb's Pride sure makes some beautiful colors!

Good to know the pre-felted diameter... guess I need to keep on knitting.

 
At 4/28/2006 1:50 AM, Blogger String Bean said...

Wow! She is a little booger. My kitties never ever hiss at me. I could dump a gallon of boiling water on them and they wouldn't hiss. But I'd never do that.

Kami loves "her" bed, too. The other cats don't touch it. It. is. Hers. When we go upstairs to go to bed, she will sit on my chest and meow unless the Kitty Pi is on her chair.

God, she is so spoiled. My little princess...wooshie wooshie...

 
At 4/28/2006 8:37 AM, Blogger Fiber Follies said...

For all she'll growl and hiss, it's only noise. It's really funny. She does it at the vet too, but is actually no threat. She knows who's alpha cat (me). But she freely expresses her displeasure!

Pi is felted and I'll put up pics after work.

 
At 5/01/2006 3:53 PM, Blogger Monica said...

It came out BEAUTIFUL!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home