Knitting Crazy Cat Ladies

Cat Loving Knitters of the World Unite! But please, keep the wool away from your fur babies.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

My first post!

I keep reading, and never posting, ROFL. My name is Erin, and I am a cat person. I *heart* cats.

We have 2 - Syd & Nermal. Earlier this month, we had to put #3 - Baby Cat - down, because he was sick :(. Syd is almost 13 years old, and Nermal is about 9 months old. She was abandoned in our complex and we took her in right before Christmas. We just love her! Here is a picture that we took this morning. I tried to get one of her perched on top of the hamster cage, but every time I turned on the camera, she jumped off. Grrrr.

Syd looks pretty much the same, just older and bigger. Nermal is a cuddler. She took the place of Baby Cat, after he 'left', and she's always at my DS's side - just like BC was. She sleeps at his head every night, just like BC did. Syd on the other hand, just likes to chew on our hands. It's the way he shows affection, but damn, sometimes it hurts!

Anyway, that's it for my intro. I want to make Pi, but I know that neither one of them would use it. Stupid me bought Nermal a kitty bed about a month ago and she wont' go anywhere near it. Maybe if I stuffed treats under the pillow? ROFL.

2 Comments:

At 5/01/2006 3:56 PM, Blogger Monica said...

Hi Erin :)

Nermal is adorable! I wouldn't have thought my cats would use a Pi either, but they really seem to like yarn, especially wool! Everything I've knitted up they try to steal or they lay on it, so it was worth a try... and I'm absolutely addicted to this whole felting thing!

 
At 5/01/2006 6:27 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

Handsome kitty!

You should give the kitty pi a try. Your kitties might surprise you!

Kami's a handbiter, too. She doesn't bite very hard and she usually just bites my hands to wake me up in the morning when she wants out. She bites ankles, too, if you have the unfortune to have her lay next to your legs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home